The mission of Rotary International is to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
Rotary’s main objective is service – in the community, in the workplace, and around the globe. The 1.2 million Rotarians who make up more than 34,000 Rotary clubs in nearly every country in the world share a dedication to the ideal of Service Above Self.
Rotary clubs are open to people of all cultures and ethnicities and are not affiliated with any political or religious organizations.
The Rotary Four-Way Test
The test, which has been translated into more than 100 languages, asks the following four simple questions:
Of the things we think, say or do...
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Rotary Meeting Make-Up Opportunities
- Mon. 6 PM, BSR Satellite
- Tues., Noon, Cleveland,
Mtn. View Inn
- Wed., Noon, Hamilton Place,
- Thurs., Noon, Chatt.,
Chatt. Conv. Ctr.
- Thurs., Noon, Etowah,
- Fri., Noon, Dayton,
First Baptist Church
- Fri., 7 AM, Hixson,
- Online eClub,
- July 24, 2014: Judge Amy Reedy
- July 31, 2014: Ken Webb
- Aug. 7: District Governor Jerry Wear
- Aug. 14: Alvin Word
- Aug. 21: Mark Rogers
- Aug. 28: Johnny McDaniel
Upcoming BSR Events
- New Rotary Year Begins July 1, 2014 - Theme: "Light Up Rotary"
- Pack the Park for Polio: July 24, 2014
- District Governor Visit: Aug. 7, 2014
Available BSR Downloads
TN Supreme Court Justice Gary Wade
Tennessee Supreme Court Justice Gary Wade gave and entertaining and informative presentation during Bradley Sunrise Rotary's July 17th meeting.
A New Rotary Year Starts!
New BSR President Keith Munford kicked off the new Rotary year, at the July 10th meeting, by placing emphasis on how the club can serve others, the new RI theme "Light Up Rotary" and the club's leadership and work groups.
Congratulations Jim Davis!
JIM DAVIS, right, shares a laugh with Bradley Sunrise Rotary Club President Andy Anderson, after Anderson presented him with the honor of being the club’s Rotarian of the Year. Banner photo, CHRISTY ARMSTRONG
BSR Satellite Club
The BSR Satellite Club meets Monday evenings at 6:00 at the Hampton Inn. It's a great opportunity for those that can't make our regular Thursday morning meetings. It also serves as an additional "make-up" opportunity.
Steve Spurrier at the 2014 Gala
SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL COACH Steve Spurrier shares a laugh with Bradley Sunrise Rotary president Andy Anderson before his appearance at the Rotary fund raiser Saturday, at the Museum Center at 5ive Points. Banner photo, RICHARD ROBERTS
2014-2015 Club Officers & Directors
- Keith Munford, President
- Paul Moyle, President-elect
- Kevin Mendel, Vice President
- Sally Poston, Secretary
- Jim Phiropoulos, Treasurer
- Adam Lewis, Sergeant-of-Arms
- Andy Anderson, Imm. Past President
- Bob Anderson, Director
- Jim Davis, Director
- Cheryl Dunson, Director
- Amy Reedy, Director
- Jerry Shannon, Director
- Pete & Joyce Vanderpool, Directors
Work Group Leaders
- Club Administration, Paul Moyle
- Membership, Amy Reedy
- RI Foundation, Cheryl Dunson
- Fundraising, Kevin Mendel
- Service Projects, Pete & Joyce Vanderpool
- Finance, Jim Phiropoulos
- Public Relations & Media, Jerry Shannon
- Bradley Sunrise Foundation, TBD
- Strategic Planning, Andy Anderson
Bradley Sunrise Rotary meets each Thursday morning at 7:00 a.m. at the Hampton Inn on Frontage Road, near I-75 exit 27. An attractively priced breakfast is available. Guests are welcome.